HFS 150th Celebrations 2018
Holman F Stephens-Light Railway Pioneer 150th Anniversary
Commemorations in 2017/2018
To commemorate HFSs 150th the following events throughout the UK will be taking place.
• 22nd October 2017 WC & P Group Show(Model Railway Exhibition)-Portishead Leisure Centre
• 25-26th November 2017 Warley National Model Railway Exhibition at the NEC-Birmingham-extended stand, that will include working East Kent Railway diorama.
• 13-14th January 2018 CMRA Model Railway Exhibition at The Stevenage Arts & Leisure Centre.
• 7th April 2018 Wessex NG South Model Railway Show-Eastleigh CSS-Stand
(Due to space limitations each stall can be manned by no more than 2 representatives from each organisation).
• 11/12/13th May 2018-Colonel Stephens Society Members Weekend and AGM to include tour of Colonels Museum at Tenderden, Train ride on KESR and possible ride on Ford Model Railmotor, as well as visit to RVR and tour of site together with brake van rides, vintage bus rides between KESR-Tenterden and RVR-Robertsbridge also included on day 2. There is also a strong possibility of a cream teas trip on the EKR on Friday 11th(mid-late afternoon)
• 26-28th May 2018 RVR-Robertsbridge Model Railway Show CSS-Stand
• September 2018-Telford Colonel Inspired 0 gauge Model Railway layout of fictional St,Martins Wharf by Bob Alderman this layout is to be included in Railway Modeller Magazine Edition-June 2018, hopefully with a CSS-HFS150 inclusion.